George Washington and Jefferson National Forest
Sherando Lake is right up there with the King Family Vineyard's polo grounds for sheer natural beauty. Pack a picnic and take some chairs for soaking up the spectacular view from the beach. The Sherando Lake Recreation Area is a woodland nature retreat in the George Washington National Forest. It's managed by the National Forest Service, as a part of the Pedlar District. This Shenandoah Valley destination is in Augusta County, in the community of Lyndhurst, located about 12 miles south of the city of Waynesboro, Virginia.
With its main, lower lake and smaller, upper lake, Sherando Lake offers recreation opportunities for those who enjoy fishing, camping, swimming, boating, hiking, nature photography, picnics and more. Miles of trails circle the lake and surrounding forest, with scenic vantage points as destinations.
96 Sherando Lake Road
Lyndhurst, VA 22952
GPS: 37.919773, -79.006582
See website for current rates and hours
* 1hr 20min from Pedlar Camp
• Head toward Wintergreen on the Lowesville Road
• Take Rt 664 at Devil's Backbone to head up the mountain towards Wintergreen
• Continue past the entrance to Wintergreen for about 1 mile and cross The Parkway
• Continue on 664
• Right turn at the T-intersection, Sherando Lake will be a few minutes down the road
• Spectacular natural beauty awaits you!